Posted on March 20, 2020
How To Install The EX2700 Via WPS
Netgear extender is a useful electronic device that expands the network signal in those areas of your home or office where the wifi signal can’t reach even with a powerful router. Installing the Netgear extender at home or office is easy, even a non techie person can install it. If you recently buy a Netgear EX 2700 and seeking for some guidance to install it, then you are at right place. Here, in this post we will discuss two methods to setup Netgear EX2700. So read this post carefully.
- Your first step is to place the extender in the same room in which the wifi router is placed.
- Make sure that strong internet signal is coming from your wifi router.
- Make sure that WPS feature is available in the router.
- Plug in your extender into wall outlet and wait until the power LED become stable.
- If the LED of your extender is not turn on then, press and hold the on/off button of the extender for 4 to 5 minutes. The on/off button given in the side panel of the wireless extender.
- Press the WPS button of main wifi router within 2 minutes.
- When the WPS LED of the extender and router turns green, it means the extender is connected to the router successfully.
- Now you can move the extender to the location where the signal range is poor.
- Connect your all wifi enabled devices to the new SSID of the wifi extender.
How To Setup Netgear EX2700 With Netgear Genie:
- Make sure your Netgear extender and wifi router is placed in the same room.
- Make sure that good wifi signals are coming from your wifi router.
- Now plugin your extender in electrical outlet and wait until the power LED glows and become stable.
- Now take your laptop or computer and connect it with your Netgear extender.
- For wired connection connect an Ethernet cable to the LAN port of the wifi extender. When you connect Ethernet cale with LAN port LED will blink.
- For wireless connection find the wireless network name with an extension ‘_EXT’ which is unsecured.
- Launch a web browser on your computer or laptop and type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter. If you will get mywifiext.net Not Working Error, then feel free to contact My WiFi Ext Fix experts.
- Now provide the login credentials.
- When you add the username and password you will see another window, so click on continue to run the setup.
- Now, you will see the list of available wifi networks, select the network that you want to extend and click on continue.
- Enter the password of your wireless network.
- Now connect your wireless devices to the new extender network and click on finish button to complete the installation.