To improve the range of the home network, the user can set up an extender by taking the help of Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Wizard. Follow these simple steps mentioned below to perform the setup.
- Make sure your Extender is plugged in then you’ll see Power LED lights, Check the Power on/Off button.
- Using the extender's Wi-Fi network, Connect it to your Device. Its default Wi-Fi's name is NETGEAR and security is without a password.
- Then open any browser and search Mywifiext, then the page will appear to you.
- Look for New Extender Setup.
- Then you’ll be asked to set up the password. Save the User Name of your choice and password should be different from the Wi-Fi network one.
- After that, you have to select two security questions at bottom menus which are used as verification when you forget your password.
- Look for ‘Next’ Option, your extender may demand to use the NETGEAR Genie to help. You may go ahead by clicking ‘Continue’.
- Then choose Radio Buttons for network's 2.4GHz and 5 GHz WI-Fi Network Names also called SSID.
- Type your current password and press next.
- Choose your password and SSIDs. The password is usually the same as your current network.
- Look for the ‘Next’ option, after a few minutes, your settings will be saved.
- Go to any Device, connect it to the extender's new network.
- Open your web browser and click on the checkbox at the bottom of the page. Click continue. Now, everything’s done.
If any issues persist, you can contact experts.